Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Die Cuttin' Divas Challenge #224: National Ice Cream Month

Hello and welcome to this week's Die Cuttin' Divas Challenge.  This week we are celebrating National Ice Cream Month!  I love almost any type of ice cream but chocolate is my all time favorite. Here is my card for this week:
When I made this card, I used a technique I saw on www.brandyscards.com.  She used her paper crimper on the background paper and then used an ink pad to color over the crimped paper. Here's the recipe for my card:

Paper: Recollections
Ice Cream Cone:  Cricut Sweet Treats cartridge
Ink: Close to my Heart Lagoon
Sentiment: Close to My Heart Artiste Birthday set
Embossing on cone: Sizzix -Square Lattice embossing folder
Twine: Doodlebug Designs 
Skittle on cone: DoubleClick Connections
Enamal Dots: My Mind's Eye Now and Then
Paper Crimper: Fiskars 

I hope you will stop by Die Cuttin' Divas and check out what the rest of our amazing design team has made this week.  We would love to have you join our challenge.  Enjoy the rest of your week and thanks for stopping by my blog.

4 comments:

  1. Clever technique for creating some great texture on your background paper!
    I love the colors on your cute card! Blue is a nice cool color for summer.

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background on this very cool colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how FUN! What a great card! So glad I bought some ice cream tonight... I knew I was gonna have some to celebrate something... National Ice Cream day is as good as any! right? LOL :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! what a sweet card and love love the ice cream cone:) TFS
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete